Panel Discussion: ART & WORTH: ESTABLISHING PAY EQUITY IN THE ARTS
Join us this month for a panel discussion at NYU, including leaders in the arts industry to discuss the following questions:
- Are art professionals compensated fairly and equally?
- How do you create a sustainable career as an arts professional?
- As a non-profit or cultural institution, how can you ensure your staff is compensated fairly and decently, without jeopardizing the health of your organization?
- What steps can be taken in the industry as a whole to establish pay equity?
- How do we leverage the best talent and retain them in the art world?
A discussion on supporting art careers and organizations with:
Dusica Kirjakovic, Executive Director, Lower East Side Print Shop
Nicole Reiner, Director of Development, Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute
Amy Whitaker, Author of Art Thinking and Assistant Prof. of Visual Arts Management, NYU
Date: Monday, November 14, 2016, 6:45 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: NYU Steinhardt Department of Art and Art Professions, Einstein Auditorium, 34 Stuyvesant Street, New York, NY 10003
RSVP required: Click here to RSVP
Visit the Facebook Page.
Hosted by Young Professionals in the Arts - NYC and Emerging Leaders of NY Arts (ELNYA) in partnership with New York Foundation for the Arts's Emerging Leaders Boot Camp.